ADVERTISEMENT

JT3 and Josh

bsure

May 31, 2006
Great win today. JT3 has to be given credit for loosening the reigns on his basketball team. The way this team plays is fun and not as mechanical as many of his previous teams. Guards and other players like this style of play, he'll start to attract better players because of this.. A structured offense,but one that gets up and down. Calhoun called it perfectly when he said that this was the missing piece to the Hoya offense. As an opposing team, I love when you walk the ball up and have to set up your offense. Adding running makes it much more difficult to defend and it also changes the flow of the game. He's also sticking with players who make mistakes (Peak) longer than he has in previous years. This will pay off later in the year.

I mentioned earlier this year, as goes Josh as goes this Hoya team, no better proof than today. Josh is as unique a college player as there is today. A skilled big man who is a match-up problem for any opposing team. He automatically draws a double when they feed the post. The team is especially dangerous if DSR is feeding him as the other team has to pick their poison. If DSR can become more consistent, I think this team can be special.

This post was edited on 12/27 3:09 PM by bsure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News