ADVERTISEMENT

more of what happened at creighton...from dsr, hayes, jt3

ron19

Staff
Aug 6, 2001
Hayes:

"i think we had some mental lapses defensively, and it caused some big plays. That was just mistakes that we can't make this late in the season. and those are things we've seen in film and those are mistakes that won't be made again.

made in man/zone, or both?

"i think i was overall. I don't think that we were as disciplined as we usually are. And it showed".

DSR:

on watson/smaller quicker guards being a problem

"just attention to details. he got to his spots, transition, you know he likes to get the ball out and go. We didn't contain him like we should have".

shocked he finished over size

"not so much shocked that he could finish. I just think we didn't put enough pressure on him to think that he couldn't come in there and do those things that easy. So that's the result that you get when you don't ut the pressure on him".

JT3

what happened in nebraska?

"there were again, laspes at the wong time, defensively, where guys ended up wide open. And I think we had gotten better at this, but then we slipped; we let a bad defensive possession turn into a bad offensive possession, where we were just throwing the ball all over the place, which even for this group has been uncharacteristic....We have to keep plugging along...as i told the guys, we have to start controlling what we can control".

watson and little guards having success...why?

"well, we played some very good little guards. He (watson) dominated that game unlike i've maybe seen a guy dominate a game this year. From the opening tap, he just dictated and controlled that game.

"we have to figure that out. I'm sitting here now thinking through our league schedule, does anybody else have a little guard...He's tough, he's Philly tough. and he came out and and he competed and he just controlled the flow of the game. And whenever we would try to pull away or catch up he would make a play. We have to have someone willing to step up and match that".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.