ADVERTISEMENT

Georgetown Reaching Out

lpucci

Jun 18, 2003
so yesterday I received a call from Georgetown University. I usually haven't taken those in a while but decided to unload on whoever called me. but alas it was a very nice freshman named Ashley. She asked me to update my contact info and asked me what my favorite things about going to Georgetown were etc.

I was waiting for it and it came. It was a donation drive. I said to Ashley that I'm a former donor but am refusing to give another dime until Patrick Ewing and Ronny Thompson do not have anything to do with the basketball team. She did not know who they were which is interesting at such a small school. Anyways she was so nice that I was super cordial to her despite my initial thought I'd unload on her (realizing of course she has nothing to do with the state of the basketball program).

Anyways I told her that I keep in touch with a large number of alums and they feel the same way. I said all of them gave up their season tickets and are refusing to donate as well. She found the whole thing very interesting and said when alums have issues she kicks it upstairs and promised to do so with the basketball info.

I was wondering if anyone else received a call this week and what their strategy was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News