ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings and Bracketology

junebug98765

Aug 25, 2005
We took a huge hit in the AP poll, dropping almost out of getting any votes. We had about 7 votes, while in the Coaches poll, we only dropped 1 spot to 27. Not sure what to draw from that other than most coaches were too busy on new years eve either coaching or drinking to see our Xavier game. I do think our Saturday win at home would have helped stay higher in the AP poll, but it doesn't mean that much at this point.

Bracketology, we are a 9 seed, which feels about 2-3 seeds lower than where I personally think we'll end up and about 1 seed lower than I think we deserve now. An 8 feels better with the likes of LSU, Washington, Stanford and Ohio State, but I can't imagine Lunardi gives us any favors considering our past tourney collapses. Interesting thing with the bracket is that the BE has 7 bids currently, higher than any other league (Big 12 and ACC has 6 each). Although I think all of the BE teams will get beat up during the season and we may end up around 6, our out of conference performance as a league will absolutely help us come march. Our Indiana win is going to be a really big one for us come March and maybe Florida figures it out. Chuck is looking more correct each game that Florida isn't good. Although a counterpoint, their only bad loss looks to be Florida State, who isn't a cupcake by any means.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News