ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina

laidbackcoach

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2001
California
I have not watched the last two games (UMBC and TT). No regrets either.
Believe it or not, this game is winnable. They have been struggling big time. Shows how good a coach Frank Martin was. New coach Lamont Paris has started weakly just like Neptune at Nova, but without the injuries as an excuse. They are 2-4 and three of their losses are blowouts(to GW, Furman and Colorado State) and they have not beaten anyone that impressive. Best win was against rival Clemson.
Swing GG Jackson is their guy. Will be the best player on the floor for either team. Very versatile scorer. CHico Carter Junior can hit the 3 and is a solid 2 guard (you may remember him from Murray State). Aftet that, they do not have much offensively Not sure how they defend. SInce I will already be watching WOrld Cup soccer, I will ikely tune into this one and hope we can get a win. Ron might be able to add more on USC, but this is a game they should win (but we can say the same for American. Northwestern and LMU as well).

I do not know what Wahab's injury is but I hope that Patrick is willing to play the two other posts and sure seems like Denver is ready to take more minutes from Health and Primo and can even sub in for Murray. I also hope he mixes the defenses some I would really like to see us start playing 10-11 guys such that Dikembe and Ezewiro each get 5-7 minutes and Wahab is limited to 20-25; Mozone can get 8 minutes to 10 minutes coming in for Akok. Murray should play 30 minutes but no reason that Riley and Bristol can spell Murray with 5 minutes each a game. Finally Denver needs to see 8-10 minutes minimum to give Heath and PRimo a rest and Riley can grab a few extra minutes spelling these guys as well. I believe generally:
Wahab should be limited to 20-25 minutes,
Akok should be at 25
Murray, Health and Primo should each be playing around 27-30
That leaves 15-20 minutes of bench time at the 5, 15 minutes at the 4 and 30-35 minutes at any of the three guard spots (total of 60 minutes or so of total time for the bench).
I am still very pessimistic about the season, but we have a legitimate chance to beat an SEC team this weekend and these days that is a positive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News