ADVERTISEMENT

tim krueger, bluejay insider shared...

ron19

Staff
Aug 6, 2001
Questions 1-2 (on how the sjc win is being taken)

The fans have a feeling more of relief than excitement or anticipation of things to come. Many believe that the losses in some of the close games had more to do with the pressure of the losing streak versus any strategy or talent gaps. It remains to be seen how this team moves forward but most feel they will play a little looser from here on out. Now it would be easier to measure their mood if they weren't facing a talented Georgetown team whose coming off a loss.

Coach McDermott took the win in stride but really praised the fans for sticking with the team and still supporting them. (Over 16,000 paid at Wednesday's St Johns game and the crowd was loud and into it at the end) Coach Mac's big change for the St Johns game was to start all five seniors. While this may not be the best line up and leaves two of your better offensive players on the bench in Hegner and Milliken, it worked in a sense that they won the game so knowing Coach Mac he will start the same line up again

Question 3 (on how the crowd in their gym has been)

Lately the crowd has been taking a wait and see approach as to how into the game they will get. I guess you can expect that from a team that's 1-8 in league play. But if the Jays keep it close or lead in the first half I expect the crowd will get loud and it will be a tough atmosphere for the Hoyas. Some fan interest has wained do to the record but with a 1pm local tip I expect a huge crowd

Question 4 (on losing zierden)

Isaiah Zierden (#21) is out for the season after reinjuring the same he hurt last year. He had a dislocated knee cap and partially torn MCL which he injured again earlier this season but played through the injury. He injured it further in the game against Butler and now some have even questioned if his career is in jeopardy.

Even though the team misses his outside shooting Zierden had been in a slump for a month before the injury. The result is more minutes for James Milliken who is more of a slasher and has given the Jays a real boost on the offensive end. The team has adjusted and in some sense operating more effectively.

Question 5 (on how chatman is playing)

Austin Chatman has played better in the last two games but to say he's making shots is a real stretch. He is still taking some questionable shots and still pressing as well. The biggest issue really has been his overall decision making. His passing has been painful at times

Question 6 (on defense expected from CU)

Mostly man but I would guess you'd see some zone as well. The Jays did a decent job on Smith-Rivera last time but I wouldn't rule out a junk defense like they ran against St Johns. They need to focus on Copeland who hurt the Jays last time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News