ADVERTISEMENT

What I'm hearing about the potential next coach

lpucci

Jun 18, 2003
so I have a one step removed contact to some of the big NYC donor money that has had a hand in the last two firings and two hires

this friend told me Esh was out, JT3 was hired, JT3 was out (while still in season) and Ewing would be hired (at the same time -- so before JT3 was hired and the Hoya season ended that year)

I haven't talked to him much lately but as I posted before he said be careful what you wish for in Ewing getting canned before the season was over. He was hearing that Ronny would take over in that scenario which sent me all kinds of sideways.

We just saw each other this past weekend and I asked him what he was hearing. And he basically said there is a lot of big donor support for Pitino (apologies Ron).

Now obviously a ton of things can happen. But it appears that the big donors that DeGioia listens to want Pitino. And they've gotten their wishes in the last two decades pretty much. So I think the possibility is there.

I know he's very polarizing but personally I'm fine with it because I'm certain:

1) we'd be a top 25 or better team again fairly quickly
2) RT would have zero influence on the program

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News