ADVERTISEMENT

zone o

laidbackcoach

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2001
California
I only saw the second half last night but the spacing and movement on the zone offense was very poor from my perspective. We must improve and I am sure Coach Cooley is going to zone us up a fair amount. We must make better use of the high post and short corner and it would hope to have guys in those spots (White/Copeland) who can hit those shots or create offense from those spots. When I coached, I would occassionally even move a guard to the high post in the 131 zone offense when my posts were a bit underdeveloped offensively and can see Trawick or DSR in that spot. We also have to use pass fakes more to get more passing and driving lanes and create more and widen gaps. We did not use many ball fakes at all. I am sure this will be a big emphasis at practice this week and hopefully we will see improvement v. Provy and DePaul. Happy with the win. It will be important to win at least 2 our of next 3 with Villanova looming thereafter. There are no pushovers in this conference anymore. though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News