ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Allen

laidbackcoach

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2001
California
I did not want to post this information earlier because it had not gone public. It now has.

Anthony Allen, Hoyas Class of 90, passed away suddenly last night. Anthony was a very good defensive basketball player for the Hoyas as a shot blocking reserve F/C. Anthony was an even better human. He had many talents beyond basketball. He was a singer, a musician, a tech wiz, and an amazing cook, especially with a BBQ. Probably made the best macaroni and cheese I had ever eaten. He was a devoted Christian and pastor. He was one of the kindest and most generous people you could know. A true gentle giant, who was always positive and uplifting.

He served GU not only as a student athlete but as a long term GUPS Officer. I hope the University will honor his service the way he deserves.

I was privileged to call Anthony a good friend for over 35 years. The world today needs more, not less, Anthony Allens. He will be missed not only by me but by many others, especially his wife and four children. We lost a great man last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.