ADVERTISEMENT

jamaica - lmu quotes from ewing

ron19

Staff
Aug 6, 2001
1) Previously disappointed with stagnant offense and three point defense, what's the way forward? More practice, Different lineups?

"I don't think it's more practice or different lineups. We just have to do it better.

"Maybe I need to cut down on some of our key guy's minutes. We're playing Brandon and Primo significant amount of minutes. We have to find a way to reduce their minutes to be a lot more fresher in the second half".

2) is fatigue setting in, as getting out on shooters in the second half was problematic?

"We did a good job in the first half of guarding them at the three point line, i think they only made four. But in the second half, they were able to make a significant amount more.

"So one we didn't get back in transition to match up with them. They were three for 17 in the first half and ended up 12 for 35

"So I think that the transition - they hurt us in transition when we got back and weren't matched up, and then we just didn't do a good job of getting out to the three point line. And sometimes i think we got mixed up on the coverages".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News