ADVERTISEMENT

When Was The Last Time National Analysts Were So Critical Of Georgetown?

BJahi

May 9, 2009
The answer: The Craig Esherick years or John Thompson's last three or four seasons. What's interesting about the recent criticism is it has to do with effort. In all honesty, as bad as the Esherick years were, and as bad as John Thompson's last three or four years were, in both cases the teams played hard. The talent level on those teams were not very good, but the effort was a given.

This current Hoya team is not giving effort, and that can directly be attributed to the head coach. Any other excuse is comical. Georgetown has not recruited well? Comical. Georgetown can not get another coach better than JT III? Comical. Georgetown may lose their recruiting class? Comical. Be careful what you ask for? Comical.

I am officially done for the rest of the year. In fact, my next post will be when there is a coaching change. Heads up to rivals, I'm cancelling my annual subscription until the Hoyas hire a competent coach. I knew my season was over when my 9-year old son said, "Daddy how come Georgetown gives up so many rebounds? Aren't you supposed to box out when the ball is shot." I was so thrown off by his comments I fell off the chair.

BJ

Reactions: kringgold
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News